Assistant Program Manager, ICS
Holmes Murphy is one of the nation’s largest privately held insurance brokerage companies. It is our mission to promote health, protect wealth, and deliver peace of mind to our clients. We pride ourselves on being a place where employees love what they do, and who they do it with! In fact, we live by our purpose statement of “Your unique potential is our SOUL purpose!”
Offering a fast-paced work environment and vibrant company culture, and the opportunity to share your unique potential, there really is no place like Holmes! We are looking to add an Assistant Program Manager to join our Innovative Captive Strategies team in Waukee, IA. Ideal candidates will have an innovative mindset, strong interpersonal skills, and a love of learning.
The purpose of this position is to assist with the management of a portfolio of captive insurance companies. The ideal candidate will have a passion for client service and an attention to detail and timelines.
Work closely with ICS Leaders and Business Partners to:
- Compile & compute data for a variety of reports which could include: Claims reconciliations, premium audits, monthly reporting requirements, bordereau reconciliations, and invoice approvals.
- Perform monthly reconciliations on all banking accounts for captives.
- Assist Program Manager with internal and external material preparation for semi-annual captive board meetings.
- Assist Program Manager with annual renewal preparation.
- Review, analyze and summarize various types of data.
- Manage Director/Shareholder paperwork for captive member companies
- Become familiar with reading, understanding and analyzing property/casualty coverage forms and applying that knowledge in the performance of the job duties.
- Become familiar with captive insurance company operations and workflow.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Develops and maintains positive work relationships with team members to include; participating in team meetings, providing back up when necessary, communicating information, and effectively problem solving as situations arise.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with staff to ensure customer needs are met.
- Support ICS Structure.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Understanding of insurance agency and insurance company operations and workflows.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft software packages such as, WORD, EXCEL, ACCESS and POWERPOINT. Ability to effectively use the internet/intranet.
- Experience with database management systems.
- Ability to perform simple to complex mathematical calculations.
- Detail orientation and problem-solving ability.
- Knowledge of organizational methods and the ability to manage multiple tasks/duties simultaneously.
- Ability to work effectively both independently as well as in a team environment to attain personal, team and company goals.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to apply these skills in either verbal or written form when interacting with various clients, company personnel, and team members.
- Ability to work daily and extended hours as necessary.
- High School Diploma required; college degree preferred.
- Acquire, and maintain, active property/casualty insurance agent’s license within 90 days of employment.
- At least three years of work-related experience in an insurance company or agency environment.
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Parental Leave and New Parent Benefits
- 401k Profit Sharing
- Flexible/remote work arrangements
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.