Holmes Murphy is one of the nation’s largest privately held insurance brokerage companies. It is our mission to promote health, protect wealth, and deliver peace of mind to our clients. We pride ourselves on being a place where employees love what they do, and who they do it with! In fact, we live by our purpose statement of “Your unique potential is our SOUL purpose!”
Offering a fast-paced work environment and vibrant company culture, and the opportunity to share your unique potential, there really is no place like Holmes! We are looking to add an Application Administrator to join our IT team in Waukee, IA. Ideal candidates will have an innovative mindset, strong interpersonal skills, and a love of learning.
The Application Administrator is responsible for supporting, troubleshooting, documenting and maintaining enterprise applications, including upgrades and assessing new technology for the firm. The Application Administrator will work with other IT groups and end users to ensure the environment is fully utilizing the available technology to enhance productivity and improve work processes. This position is responsible for ensuring the systems are responsibly maintained and updated.
- Administer and maintain enterprise applications, including BI/Reporting/Analytics systems and Business process/workflow automation systems.
- Work with IT teams and end users to ensure configuration, deployment, maintenance and testing of applications.
- Follow change management control processes.
- Create and maintain documentation.
- Work with vendors when necessary to troubleshoot issues and monitor/resolve support cases.
- Assist in developing customized solutions where appropriate.
- Administer and maintain systems such as Alteryx, Automate, and Qlik.
- Use ticket management and change management systems following published procedures; respond to and resolve incident ticket escalations for areas covered by this position.
- Must communicate professionally and clearly with end users, application owners and technicians.
- Perform release management and system upgrades.
- Pursue increased system efficiency.
- Receive direction from manager and configure solutions in a variety of business platforms.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability and interest in the growth and learning of new skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially the ability to effectively interpret and translate business needs and report on system trends or issues.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to develop effective trust relationships with the technical team and business users.
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills and the ability to perform tasks accurately with attention to detail including the ability to prioritize tasks/assignments and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Self-motivation and self-direction, the ability to work independently or in a team environment, and willingness to take direction.
- Experience: 3 or more years of experience in systems/business/data administration/analysis. Experience in insurance, healthcare, or financial services preferred.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in computer or business-related discipline preferred.
- Responsible Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Parental Leave and New Parent Benefits
- 401k Profit Sharing
- Flexible work arrangements
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.