Application Administrator I
Holmes Murphy is one of the nation’s largest privately held insurance brokerages. It is our mission to promote health, protect wealth, and deliver peace of mind to our clients. We pride ourselves on being a place where employees love what they do, and who they do it with! In fact, we live by our purpose statement of “Caring for your unique potential is our SOUL purpose!”
Offering a forward-thinking, innovative, and vibrant company culture, along with the opportunity to share your unique potential, there really is no place like Holmes! We truly believe every employee within our company contributes their own unique talents for the greater good, and we thrive on knowing our environment supports and cares for everyone’s individual strengths.
We are looking to add an Application Administrator to join our Information Technology team in Waukee, IA. Candidates thrive in our environment when they harness their collaborative mindset, strong interpersonal communication skills, and a love of learning.
This role will be responsible for supporting, troubleshooting, documenting, and maintaining enterprise applications. The Application Administrator will work with other IT groups and end users to ensure the environment is fully utilizing the available technology to enhance productivity and improve work processes. This position is responsible for ensuring the systems are responsibly maintained and updated.
Here’s just a bit of what you’d do:
- Administer and maintain enterprise applications, as assigned by manager.
- Work with IT teams and end users to ensure configuration, deployment, maintenance and testing of applications.
- Follow change management control processes.
- Create and maintain documentation.
- Work with vendors when necessary to troubleshoot issues and monitor/resolve support cases.
- Assist in developing customized solutions where appropriate.
- Assists with the workflow configurations to assure maximum utilization of the system.
- Use ticket management and change management systems following published procedures; respond to and resolve incident ticket escalations for areas covered by this position.
- Must communicate professionally and clearly with end users, application owners and technicians.
- Perform release management and system upgrades.
- Test applications and systems.
- Pursue increased system efficiency.
- Configure solutions on a variety of business platforms
You’d also need to be equipped with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to the job, including, but not limited to:
- Demonstrates ability and interest in the growth and learning of new skills.
- Attend system related educational seminars/webinars to gain knowledge of product and upcoming vendor roadmap for future application strategies. Some travel may be involved.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially the ability to effectively interpret and translate business needs and report on system trends or issues.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to develop effective trust relationships with the technical team and business users.
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills and the ability to perform tasks accurately with attention to detail including the ability to prioritize tasks/assignments and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Self-motivation and self-direction, the ability to work independently or in a team environment, and willingness to take direction.
- Handles moderately complex issues and problems and refers more complex issues to higher-level staff.
And let’s not forget the qualifications for the position:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in computer or business-related discipline preferred.
- Experience: 3 or more years of experience in systems/business/data administration/analysis. Experience in insurance, healthcare, or financial services preferred.
Benefits: In addition to core benefits like health, dental and vision, also enjoy benefits such as:
- Paid Parental Leave and supportive New Parent Benefits — We know being a working parent is hard, and we want to support our employees in this journey!
- Company paid continuing Education & Tuition Reimbursement — We support those who want to develop and grow.
- 401k Profit Sharing — Each year, Holmes Murphy makes a lump sum contribution to every full-time employee’s 401k. This means, even if you’re not in a position to set money aside for the future at any point in time, Holmes Murphy will do it on your behalf! We are forward-thinking and want to be sure your future is cared for.
- Flexible work arrangements and schedules — We truly want to know what works for you as we look to support your unique and full potential.
- Generous time off practices in addition to paid holidays — Yes, we actually encourage employees to use their time off, and they do. After all, you can’t be at your best for our clients if you’re not at your best for yourself first.
- Supportive of community efforts with paid Volunteer time off and employee matching gifts to charities that are important to you — Through our Holmes Murphy Foundation, we offer several vehicles where you can make an impact and care for those around you.
- DE&I programs — Holmes Murphy is committed to celebrating every employee’s unique diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) experience with us. Not only do we offer all employees a paid Diversity Day time off option, but we also have a Chief Diversity Officer on hand, as well as a DE&I project team, committee, and interest group. You will have the opportunity to take part in those if you wish!
- Consistent merit increase and promotion opportunities — Annually, employees are reviewed for merit increases and promotion opportunities because we believe growth is important — not only with your financial wellbeing, but also your career wellbeing.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity — Yes, there is an annual opportunity to make more money. Who doesn’t love that?!
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.