Administrative/Accounting Assistant, Fraternal
Holmes Murphy is one of the nation’s largest privately held insurance brokerage companies. It is our mission to promote health, protect wealth, and deliver peace of mind to our clients. We pride ourselves on being a place where employees love what they do, and who they do it with! In fact, we live by our purpose statement of “Your unique potential is our SOUL purpose!”
Offering a fast-paced work environment and vibrant company culture, and the opportunity to share your unique potential, there really is no place like Holmes! We are looking to add an Accounting/Administrative Assistant to join our Fraternal Services team in Omaha, NE. Ideal candidates will have an innovative mindset, strong interpersonal skills, and a love of learning.
The purpose of this position is to provide Accounting/Administrative assistance and support as requested in accordance with the established objectives and procedures of Holmes Murphy & Associates.
Work closely with Leaders and Business Partners to:
- Responsible for handling Accounts Receivables, to include running reports, follow-up calls, follow-up emails. Communicate and collaborate with internal team members regarding client receivables.
- Create list of clients needing finance agreements and follow-up on signed agreements.
- Create list of clients needing return premium checks issued and mailed to them.
- Record direct bill commissions.
- Promptly notify staff members upon front desk delivery of personal packages and meals for meetings.
- Coordinate catered lunches as needed.
- Pick up, prepare and drop off outgoing mail.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail, UPS packages and faxes to appropriate personnel.
- Serve as the direct contact for service equipment providers, landlords and vendors.
- Provide clerical support to the office, including filing, data entry, copying, scanning, processing insurance certificates and endorsements, etc.
- Maintain lunchroom, storage area and conference rooms.
- Maintain stock of supplies and order as necessary (ex: paper products, office supplies, kitchen supplies).
- Assist with conference room scheduling.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work with detail, follow directions and maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to communicate professionally both written and verbal.
- Experience with computer data entry; working familiarity with Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures as well as organizational methods and the ability to manage multiple tasks/duties simultaneously.
- Ability to work effectively both independently as well as in a team environment to attain personal, team and company goals.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving ability.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to assist in other work-related duties, as necessary.
Education: High school diploma or GED. College Degree Preferred.
Experience: Previous office experience preferred. Accounting knowledge helpful.
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement after 1 year of employment
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Generous Parental Leave for all
- New Parent Benefits
- 401k Profit Sharing
- Flexible/remote work arrangements
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.