Accounting Intern (Year-Round)
Are you interested in gaining hands-on exposure to various aspects of the insurance business and Accounting? Would you like to work side-by-side with leaders to learn the elements of a successful Accounting Department? Are you interested in joining a company with a flexible environment and where celebrating successes is just part of the everyday culture? We have to admit, who wouldn’t want that?!
At Holmes Murphy, our employees play to their strengths and contribute to who we are and want to be. We like to think of ourselves as pretty irresistible. If that intrigues you and you think you have what it takes to join our team as an Accounting Intern in our Waukee, Iowa, office, read on!
Here’s just a bit of what you’d do:
- Assist with revenue posting
- Manage, review and track supporting documents for expense reimbursement
- Assist with general ledger reconciliations and data importing
- Other projects as directed by Vice President of Finance
And, let’s not forget the qualifications for the job. Ideal candidates will possess:
- Ability to work at least 10-15 hours per week during the school year and 38.75 hours per week during the summer of 2020.
- Current student, preferably pursuing a degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Demonstrated participation in extracurricular activities throughout high school and college.
- The ability work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical, organizational, communication and Microsoft Office skills.
Finally, ask yourself this, “Am I a difference maker?” If you answered yes and you think you have what it takes to be a Accounting Intern for Holmes Murphy, apply today!