Holmes Murphy is one of the nation’s largest privately held insurance brokerage companies. It is our mission to promote health, protect wealth, and deliver peace of mind to our clients. We pride ourselves on being a place where employees love what they do, and who they do it with!
Offering a fast-paced work environment and vibrant company culture, there really is no place like Holmes! We are looking to add an Accountant to join our Corporate Services Accounting team in Waukee, IA. Ideal candidates will have an innovative mindset, strong interpersonal skills, and a love of learning.
To perform accounting functions in accordance with the objectives and procedures set forth by the management of Holmes, Murphy & Associates, Inc.
Handle insurance company accounting functions, including but not limited to:
- Perform a variety of general accounting support tasks.
- Compile data and prepare a variety of reports.
- Reconcile and resolve accounting records/discrepancies.
- Assist with other accounting projects as directed by Supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work with detail, follow directions and maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft products and accounting systems.
- Ability to communicate well with persons at all levels of authority both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to learn and utilize advance technology associated with job functions
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to learn and utilize advance technology associated with job functions.
- Capable of exercising discretion in confidential matters and use independent judgement.
- Ability to perform multiple duties simultaneously during peak periods.
- Ability to be available for work on a daily basis for a minimum of 7.75 hours per day and for overtime as necessary to perform duties.
- Knowledge of standard accounting principles.
- Knowledge of federal and state tax guidelines and procedures. Ability to utilize calculator to perform various mathematical functions
- Serves as a role model and providing guidance to others in a junior or entry-level role.
- High School Diploma required, college degree preferred
- 1-3 years accounting experience, preferably in the insurance industry.
- Paid-Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- 401k Profit Sharing
- Flexible/remote work arrangements
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.