Account & Project Manager, Brainery
Are you ready to press play on your career and accept the challenge of taking on a career in Consulting that focuses on client and project management? If you answered yes to both questions, keep reading!
The Brainery is the first step on the path to a successful career at Holmes Murphy. Our philosophy is to hire top talent, then teach them the fundamentals of the insurance industry and our client base. So, instead of starting the job at a desk – we start in the classroom for a few weeks of intensive training on both our Employee Benefits and Property Casualty lines of business. Upon graduating from the Brainery, participants on the consulting track will transition into an Account & Project Manager role in our Employee Benefits division at the Dallas, TX office.
Training Location: Waukee and Dallas
Placement Location: Dallas
Brainery Curriculum Components:
- Holmes Murphy Orientation
- Fundamental insurance industry knowledge
- Underwriting practices and financial concepts
- Product overview and technological capabilities
- Preparation for license exams
- Presentation skills
- Build relationships with local community
Account Manager/Project Manager Duties:
- Provide support for Employee Benefits National Accounts team members which includes coordinating client work internally.
- Plan, coordinate, implement and finalize client project implementations according to each program’s specifications and deadlines.
- Follow established processes to research and answer questions regarding EB National Account solutions to internal team members and external clients to build client satisfaction.
- Enter project data and status updates into project plans.
- Help prepare for, attend and participate in client meetings.
- Learn and understand the technology behind client management.
- Plan for and draft communications materials, compliance documents, etc. for clients from established templates to be approved by senior team members.
- Assist with management of relationships with third-party vendors as requested.
- Employ Holmes Murphy & Associates Policies and Procedures to execute all job-related responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned that support a fast-paced team environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong organization and customer service skills to provide timely, accurate, courteous and appropriate response to customers and internal requests.
- Effective problem-solving skills to take ownership of customer problems, see the problem-solving process through to resolution.
- The ability to manage multiple projects, tasks and priorities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills including ability to demonstrate tact, diplomacy, and appropriate confidentiality and handling sensitive situations or complaints.
- Ability to complete all tasks called for this job description, this includes the possibility of working extended hours, if necessary.
- A curious and competitive spirit.
- An innovative and entrepreneurial mindset.
- Ability to travel to various training sites over the course of the program.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management, or related field.
- 0-2 years’ work experience in an office environment, customer service or administrative role, preferably in the insurance industry.
- Available to start on or before June 1st, 2020.
If you’re ready for a new and exciting opportunity within our Employee Benefits team, apply today!