Holmes Murphy is one of the nation’s largest privately held insurance brokerage companies. It is our mission to promote health, protect wealth, and deliver peace of mind to our clients. We pride ourselves on being a place where employees love what they do, and who they do it with!
Offering a fast-paced work environment and vibrant company culture, there really is no place like Holmes! We are looking to add an Account Manager to join our Fraternal Services team in Omaha, NE. Ideal candidates will have an innovative mindset, strong interpersonal skills, and a love of learning.
The purpose of this position is to support the sales and service team in providing professional and timely customer service. Account Managers are required to learn the responsibilities and have the necessary knowledge to perform the following duties independently:
- Prepares certificates, binders, auto ID cards and accident kits.
- Processes endorsements by checking coverages, invoices and updates computer systems.
- Orders and suspends policy changes.
- Follows established procedures for tracking policies to be checked and sent to clients.
- Participates in renewal planning with team.
- Maintains follow-up system for receipt of audits.
- Reviews, analyzes and summarizes various types of data including audits, using standardized formats.
- Reviews, analyzes and checks experience mods using available software
- Investigates and corrects omitted items and commission differences on audits and endorsements.
- Maintains monthly reporting forms and follows up with Consultants, as needed.
- Assists or prepares client renewal PSR document and updates application, as needed.
- Prepares client renewal review documents to include copies of the PSR, applications, experience mod worksheet, loss runs and summary, schedules, and any other pertinent information.
- Invoices new and renewal policies, monthly installments, direct bill, and agency bill, and ensure the accuracy of this invoicing.
- Accountable for account accuracy by ensuring that on-line customer information as well as items received by carriers are accurate and current, including coverage schedules, policy formats, policy endorsements, premium and the follow-up on pending changes.
- Knows and uses various carrier websites for quoting purposes.
- Prepares policies for delivery to customers and for our office records.
- Develops and maintains positive work relationships with team members to include: participating in team meetings, providing back up when necessary, communicating information and effectively problem-solving as situations arise.
- Orders loss runs and prepares loss summaries.
- Performs special projects and other duties as requested.
- Mentors and gives direction to other Account Managers.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- General knowledge of property casualty coverages and the ability to apply that knowledge in the performance of the job duties.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to apply these skills in either verbal or written form when interacting with various clients, company personnel, and team members.
- Experience with computer data entry required; working familiarity with Excel and Word.
- Ability to learn and use carrier websites, and other and other programs as required for the position.
- High level of organizational ability; able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to work both independently as well as in a team environment to attain team and Agency goals.
- Detail orientation and problem-solving ability.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to perform simple to complex mathematics computations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability and willingness to consistently participate in internal and external educational opportunities to enhance knowledge of current insurance topics or relevant system improvements.
- Ability to acquire and maintain within three months of hire an active state-specific Property/Casualty insurance agent’s license.
- Ability and willingness to pursue a technical designation/education: CISR (recommended).
- High school diploma or GED. College Degree Preferred.
- Active state-specific Property/Casualty Insurance agent’s license required or the ability to acquire license within three months of hire.
- 2-4 years administrative/clerical experience preferably in the insurance industry.
A few of our generous benefits include:
- Generous Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- 401k Profit Sharing
- Flexible Work Arrangements
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.