Account Manager, PC (CORE)
Are you a Commercial Property & Casualty insurance professional passionate about servicing your customers? Are you interested in working side-by-side with some pretty awesome employees? Would you like to join a company with a flexible environment, a competitive benefits and salary package, and where celebrating successes is just part of the everyday culture? We have to admit, who wouldn’t want that?!
At Holmes Murphy, our employees play to their strengths and contribute to who we are and want to be. We like to think of ourselves as pretty irresistible. If that intrigues you and you think you have what it takes to join our team as an Account Manager, Property Casualty in our Waukee, IA office, read on!
As an Account Manager, you could expect to work closely with client service and sales teams to provide expert know how and exceptional service. Here’s just a bit of what you’d do:
- Prepares certificates, binders, auto ID cards and accident kits.
- Processes endorsements by checking coverages, invoices and updates computer systems.
- Orders and suspends policy changes.
- Follows established procedures for tracking policies to be checked and sent to clients.
- Participates in renewal planning with team.
- Maintains follow-up system for receipt of audits.
- Reviews, analyzes and summarizes various types of data including audits, using standardized formats.
- Reviews, analyzes and checks experience mods using available software.
- Investigates and corrects omitted items and commission differences on audits and endorsements.
- Maintains monthly reporting forms and follows up with Consultants, as needed.
- Assists or prepares client renewal PSR document and updates application, as needed.
- Prepares client renewal review documents to include copies of the PSR, applications, experience mod worksheet, loss runs and summary, schedules, and any other pertinent information.
- Invoices new and renewal policies, monthly installments, direct bill, and agency bill, and ensure the accuracy of this invoicing.
- Accountable for account accuracy by ensuring that on-line customer information as well as items received by carriers are accurate and current, including coverage schedules, policy formats, policy endorsements, premium and the follow-up on pending changes.
- Knows and uses various carrier websites for quoting purposes.
- Prepares policies for delivery to customers and for our office records.
- Develops and maintains positive work relationships with team members to include: participating in team meetings, providing back up when necessary, communicating information and effectively problem-solving as situations arise.
- Orders loss runs.
- Can prepare loss summaries.
- Receives and processes carrier downloads.
You’d also need to be equipped with the knowledge, skills and abilities to do the job, including, but not limited to:
- General knowledge of property casualty coverages and the ability to apply that knowledge in the performance of the job duties.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to apply these skills in either verbal or written form when interacting with various clients, company personnel, and team members.
- Experience with computer data entry required; working familiarity with Sagitta, Excel and Word.
- Ability to learn and use carrier websites, and other programs as required for the position.
- High level of organizational ability; able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to work both independently as well as in a team environment to attain team and Agency goals.
- Detail orientation and problem-solving ability.
- Strong analytical skills, with ability to perform simple to complex mathematics computations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability and willingness to consistently participate in internal and external educational opportunities to enhance knowledge of current insurance topics or relevant system improvements.
- Ability to acquire and maintain within three months of hire an active state specific Property/Casualty insurance agent’s license.
- Ability and willingness to pursue a technical designation/education: CISR (recommended).
And, let’s not forget the qualifications for the job:
- High school diploma required; college degree preferred.
- Active state specific Property/Casualty Insurance license, or ability to acquire license within three months of hire.
- Two to Four years’ administrative/clerical experience, preferably in the insurance industry.
- Ability to use a variety of computer programs and software (Word and Excel).
- Excellent customer service skills, excellent verbal/written communication skills, and ability to complete duties in a professional and timely manner.
- Available to work full-time hours, Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 4:45 PM.
Finally, ask yourself this, “Am I a difference maker?” If you answered yes and you think you have what it takes to be an Account Manager, Property Casualty for Holmes Murphy, apply today