Account Manager III, Employee Benefits
Do you excel at providing account management support? Would you like to join a company with a flexible environment, a competitive benefits and salary package, and where celebrating successes is just part of the everyday culture? We have to admit, who wouldn’t want that?!
At Holmes Murphy, our employees play to their strengths and contribute to who we are and want to be. We like to think of ourselves as pretty irresistible. If that intrigues you and you think you have what it takes to join our team as an Account Manager III within our Employee Benefits division in our Waukee, Iowa, office, read on!
Here’s just a bit of what you’d do:
- Provide account management support for client teams to coordinate client work.
- Collaborate with client team to set the benefit strategy for clients. This includes an evaluation of the client’s current benefits, and assisting with recommendations to the client.
- Maintain positive working relationships and clear communication with co-workers, clients and insurance carriers.
- Establish and manage timelines that clearly identify all tasks, task durations, and team resources responsible for completing the tasks and milestones needed to complete assigned projects.
- Draft Request for Proposals (RFPs), distribute RFPs to insurance carrier market, ensure timely response by insurance carriers, summarize and spreadsheet insurance carrier proposals for review of client and senior team members.
- Coordinate sales and service teams with marketing of new and renewal business to include gathering needed information, submission to carriers, and preparation of proposal to client.
- Gather claims data for carrier negotiations of a renewal. May work with carrier independently or in conjunction with service team to resolve negotiations.
- Prepare and create materials for presentations, utilizing software packages such as Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Coordinate the implementation of new benefit and wellness plans.
- Communicate daily with insurance companies, vendors and internal teams to ensure proper administration of accounts (including contract concerns, underwriting issues, claim situations, etc). Follows up on outstanding issues or client requests.
- Interact with client contacts independently, including traveling to client sites. May be responsible for presenting at open enrollment meetings or other client presentations.
- Schedule and assist with meeting facilitation; owns and updates agendas and project plans (including health fairs).
- Research and handle escalated client issues or questions.
- Draft Employee Communication pieces for Open Enrollment, Wellness Communications and other topics throughout the year
- Maintain employee benefit product files, both electronically and in hard copy, as appropriate, for clients and in accordance with Holmes Murphy’s processes.
- Process carrier applications, review and deliver policies, and perform policyholder service.
- Ensure account accuracy to include: reviewing coverages, renewals, applications, new business submissions, as well as, checking upon receipt; policies, , premiums, invoicing, and SPD’s.
- Analyze client data and building a story to use for client recommendations.
- Assist with the training and on boarding of new team members. May develop a training plan and act as an on-going mentor for processes and procedures.
- Coordinate with Financial Analysts to complete claims analysis per client and/or account lead request (dependent upon location).
- Coordinate meetings between client and vendor partners (dependent upon location).
You’d also need to be equipped with the knowledge, skills and abilities to do the job, including, but not limited to, having:
- Good knowledge of employee benefit coverages including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability and the ability to apply that knowledge in the job duties.
- Good knowledge of healthcare reform and compliance requirements for Employers
- Ability to read, understand and analyze life and health coverages, forms and policies.
- Ability to maintain state-specific life/health insurance agent’s license or obtain within three months of hire.
- Good communication skills and the ability to apply these skills in either verbal or written form when interacting with various clients, carriers, company personnel, and team members.
- Ability to travel and meet with clients to provide information/materials or to assist with employee meetings, as necessary.
- Ability to operate a computer and working knowledge of various software packages such as, Agency Management System, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Knowledge of organizational methods and the ability to manage multiple tasks/duties simultaneously.
- Ability and willingness to consistently participate in internal and external educational opportunities to enhance knowledge of current insurance topics or relevant system improvements.
- Willingness to attend on-site vendor trainings and meetings.
- Ability to keep current on industry trends to include legislative compliance issues.
- Ability to be available for work on a daily basis and extended hours as necessary.
- Ability to assist in other work related duties, as necessary.
And, let’s not forget the qualifications for the job:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience, preferably in a life/health, employee benefits or provider organization, is required.
- A high school diploma is required, and a college degree is preferred.
- Active Life & Health insurance license, or ability to obtain within three months of hire, is required.
- Professional designations such as CEBS or CLU are helpful. Human Resource certifications are also preferred, such as PHR or SPHR.
- The ability to operate a computer and working knowledge of various software packages, such as Word and Excel, is required.
- The ability to travel to client’s location in coordination with sales/service team members is a must.
- The ability to work regular core hours Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. is required.
Finally, ask yourself this, “Am I a difference maker?” If you answered yes and you think you have what it takes to be an Account Manager III, apply today!