Account Manager, Fraternal
Were you in a fraternity or sorority in college? Are you passionate about serving your customers and making an impact on the lives of college students? Have you ever worked for a company whose motto is “Work hard, play hard, and love who you do it with”; who’s passionate about challenging you to think differently; and who cares about YOU the employee?
This describes Holmes Murphy to a “T” as well as one of our latest job openings! We are looking for candidates that would be the perfect fit to join our team as an Account Manager in the Fraternal Services department of our Omaha, NE, office. If this sounds like your dream job, keep reading!
The Omaha Fraternal Practice was founded in 1991 as Kirklin & Co. to serve the insurance and risk management needs of college fraternities, sororities and other student housing risks. Today, Holmes Murphy Fraternal Practice is the recognized leader in developing innovate insurance and risk management programs that meet the unique needs of fraternal and student organizations on campuses across North America.
Overview of role: The purpose of this position is to evaluate the needs and risks of existing clients and assist them in creating an insurance program specific to those needs. This role includes understanding the client’s business operation and marketing those needs to the appropriate carriers to cover the risks of their business.
- Prepares certificates, binders, auto ID cards and accident kits.
- Processes endorsements by checking coverages, invoices and updates computer systems.
- Orders and suspends policy changes.
- Follows established procedures for tracking policies to be checked and sent to clients.
- Participates in renewal planning with team.
- Maintains follow-up system for receipt of audits.
- Reviews, analyzes and summarizes various types of data including audits, using standardized formats.
- Reviews, analyzes and checks experience mods using available software
- Investigates and corrects omitted items and commission differences on audits and endorsements.
- Maintains monthly reporting forms and follows up with Consultants, as needed.
- Assists or prepares client renewal PSR document and updates application, as needed.
- Prepares client renewal review documents to include copies of the PSR, applications, experience mod worksheet, loss runs and summary, schedules, and any other pertinent information.
- Invoices new and renewal policies, monthly installments, direct bill, and agency bill, and ensure the accuracy of this invoicing.
- Accountable for account accuracy by ensuring that on-line customer information as well as items received by carriers are accurate and current, including coverage schedules, policy formats, policy endorsements, premium and the follow-up on pending changes.
- Knows and uses various carrier websites for quoting purposes.
- Prepares policies for delivery to customers and for our office records.
- Develops and maintains positive work relationships with team members to include: participating in team meetings, providing back up when necessary, communicating information and effectively problem-solving as situations arise.
- Orders loss runs and prepares loss summaries.
- Performs special projects and other duties as requested.
- Mentors and gives direction to other Account Managers.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- General knowledge of property casualty coverages and the ability to apply that knowledge in the performance of the job duties.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to apply these skills in either verbal or written form when interacting with various clients, company personnel, and team members.
- Experience with computer data entry required; working familiarity with Excel and Word.
- Ability to learn and use carrier websites, and other and other programs as required for the position.
- High level of organizational ability; able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to work both independently as well as in a team environment to attain team and Agency goals.
- Detail orientation and problem-solving ability.
- Strong analytical skills, with ability to perform simple to complex mathematics computations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability and willingness to consistently participate in internal and external educational opportunities to enhance knowledge of current insurance topics or relevant system improvements.
- Ability to acquire and maintain within three months of hire an active state specific Property/Casualty insurance agent’s license.
- Ability and willingness to pursue a technical designation/education: CISR (recommended).
- High school diploma required, college degree preferred.
- Active state specific Property/Casualty Insurance agent’s license required, or the ability to obtain within 3 months of hire.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in administrative/clerical role, preferably in the insurance industry.
If you’re ready for a new and exciting opportunity to work for an amazing company and you think you have what it takes to be an Account Manager for Holmes Murphy, apply today!