Benefits Coordinator/Account Manager, EB
Are you hard-working, customer-focused, and looking for your next career move? Have you ever worked for a company whose motto is “Work hard, play hard, and love who you do it with”; who’s passionate about challenging you to think differently; and who cares about YOU the employee?
This describes Holmes Murphy to a “T” as well as one of our latest job openings! We are looking for candidates that would be the perfect fit to join our team as an Account Manager in the Employee Benefits department of our Sioux Falls, SD or Minneapolis, MN office. If this sounds like your dream job, keep reading!
- Provide account management support for Consultants and Senior Consultants to coordinate client work internally.
- Maintain positive working relationships and clear communication with co-workers, clients and insurance carriers.
- Adhere to established timelines that clearly identify all tasks, task durations, and team resources responsible for completing the tasks.
- Draft Request for Proposals (RFPs) for review by appropriate Consultant/Senior Consultant, make requested edits to RFPs, distribute RFPs to insurance carrier market, ensure timely response by insurance carriers, summarize insurance carrier proposals for review by appropriate Consultant/Senior Consultant.
- Assist sales and service teams with marketing of new and renewal business to include gathering needed information, submission to carriers, and preparation of proposal to client.
- Assist sales and service teams with preparation/creation of materials for presentations, utilizing software packages such as Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Assist in implementation of new health and welfare benefit plans.
- With guidance and assistance from sales/service teams, communicate daily with insurance companies, vendors and internal teams to ensure proper administration of accounts (including contract concerns, underwriting issues, claim situations, etc). Follows up on outstanding issues or client requests.
- Schedule and assist with meeting facilitation; updates agendas and project plans (including health fairs).
- Assist with research on client issues or questions.
- Maintain employee benefit product files, both electronically and in hard copy, as appropriate, for clients and in accordance with Holmes Murphy’s processes.
- Process applications, review and deliver policies, and perform policyholder service.
- Ensure account accuracy to include: reviewing coverages, renewals, applications, new business submissions, as well as, checking upon receipt; policies, endorsements, premiums, invoicing, and spd’s.
- Coordinate with Analysts to complete analysis per client and/or account lead request (dependent upon location).
- Coordinate meetings between client and vendor partners (dependent upon location).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of employee benefit coverages and the ability to apply that knowledge in the performance of the job duties.
- Ability to read, understand and analyze life and health coverages, forms and policies.
- Ability to maintain state-specific life/health insurance agent’s license or obtain within three months of hire.
- Good communication skills and the ability to apply these skills in either verbal or written form when interacting with various clients, carriers, company personnel, and team members.
- Ability to travel and meet with clients to provide information/materials or to assist with employee meetings, as necessary.
- Ability to operate a computer and working knowledge of various software packages such as, Agency Management System, Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of organizational methods and the ability to manage multiple tasks/duties simultaneously.
- Ability and willingness to consistently participate in internal and external educational opportunities to enhance knowledge of current insurance topics or relevant system improvements.
- Willingness to attend on-site vendor trainings and meetings.
- Ability to keep current on industry trends to include legislative compliance issues.
- Ability to be available for work on a daily basis and extended hours as necessary.
- Ability to assist in other work-related duties, as necessary.
- High School diploma required; college degree preferred.
- Active state-specific Life/Health Insurance agent license, or the ability to obtain within three months of hire.
- Previous work experience in an office environment required; insurance background preferred.
Benefits: In addition to core benefits like health, dental and vision, also enjoy benefits such as:
- Continuing Education
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Parental Leave and New Parent Benefits
- 401k Profit Sharing
- Flexible work arrangements