Account Manager, EB – Brainery
Are you ready to press play on your career and accept the challenge of taking on an account management role? If you answered yes to both questions, keep reading!
We are looking for candidates to participate in the 2023 Brainery Program. The Brainery is the first step on the path to a successful career at Holmes Murphy. Our philosophy is to hire top talent, then teach them the fundamentals of the insurance industry and our client base. You will start with an intensive training for 2 weeks, and then will accelerate through a combination of virtual learning and on the job experience. Upon graduating from the Brainery, participants on the on the Service track transition into a Client Service role.
Training Locations: Des Moines (Waukee)
Brainery Curriculum Components:
- Holmes Murphy Orientation
- Fundamental insurance industry knowledge
- Underwriting practices and financial concepts
- Product overview and technological capabilities
- Preparation for license exams
- Presentation skills
- Build relationships with local community
Account Manager Duties:
- Provide account management support for Consultants and Senior Consultants to coordinate client work internally.
- Maintain positive working relationships and clear communication with co-workers, clients and insurance carriers.
- Adhere to established timelines that clearly identify all tasks, task durations, and team resources responsible for completing the tasks.
- Draft Request for Proposals (RFPs) for review by appropriate Consultant/Senior Consultant, make requested edits to RFPs, distribute RFPs to insurance carrier market, ensure timely response by insurance carriers, summarize insurance carrier proposals for review by appropriate Consultant/Senior Consultant.
- Assist sales and service teams with marketing of new and renewal business to include gathering needed information, submission to carriers, and preparation of proposal to client.
- Assist sales and service teams with preparation/creation of materials for presentations, utilizing software packages such as Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Assist in implementation of new health and welfare benefit plans.
- With guidance and assistance from sales/service teams, communicate daily with insurance companies, vendors and internal teams to ensure proper administration of accounts (including contract concerns, underwriting issues, claim situations, etc). Follows up on outstanding issues or client requests.
- Schedule and assist with meeting facilitation; owns and updates agendas and project plans (including health fairs).
- Assist with research on client issues or questions.
- Maintain employee benefit product files, both electronically and in hard copy, as appropriate, for clients and in accordance with Holmes Murphy’s processes.
- Process applications, review and deliver policies, and perform policyholder service.
- Ensure account accuracy to include: reviewing coverages, renewals, applications, new business submissions, as well as, checking upon receipt; policies, endorsements, premiums, invoicing, and spd’s.
- Coordinate with Analysts to complete analysis per client and/or account lead request (dependent upon location).
- Coordinates meetings between client and vendor partners (dependent upon location).
- Performs special projects and other duties as requested.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Good knowledge of employee benefit coverages and the ability to apply that knowledge in the performance of the job duties.
- Ability to read, understand and analyze life and health coverages, forms and policies.
- Ability to maintain state-specific life/health insurance agent’s license or obtain within three months of hire.
- Good communication skills and the ability to apply these skills in either verbal or written form when interacting with various clients, carriers, company personnel, and team members.
- Ability to travel and meet with clients to provide information/materials or to assist with employee meetings, as necessary.
- Ability to operate a computer and working knowledge of various software packages such as, Agency Management System, Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of organizational methods and the ability to manage multiple tasks/duties simultaneously.
- Ability and willingness to consistently participate in internal and external educational opportunities to enhance knowledge of current insurance topics or relevant system improvements.
- Willingness to attend on-site vendor trainings and meetings.
- Ability to keep current on industry trends to include legislative compliance issues.
- Ability to be available for work on a daily basis and extended hours as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Marketing, Health Promotion, Risk Management & Insurance, or a related field.
- 0-2 years’ work experience in customer service or administrative role, preferably in the insurance industry.
- Available to start on or before June 5th, 2023.
If you’re ready for a new and exciting opportunity at Holmes Murphy, apply for the Brainery today!
Holmes Murphy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.