Account Manager, EB
Holmes Murphy is one of the nation’s largest privately held insurance brokerage companies. It is our mission to promote health, protect wealth, and deliver peace of mind to our clients. We pride ourselves on being a place where employees love what they do, and who they do it with!
Offering a fast-paced work environment and vibrant company culture, there really is no place like Holmes! We are looking to add an Account Manager III to join our Employee Benefits team in Denver, CO. Ideal candidates will have an innovative mindset, strong interpersonal skills, and a love of learning.
The purpose of this position is to evaluate the needs and risks of existing clients and help create a benefit strategy specific to those needs. Interacts directly and independently with clients and carriers to manage day-to-day tasks for assigned clients, according to Holmes Murphy best practices, to ensure that both client expectations and Holmes Murphy’s operational goals are met on time and within budget. This role may also serve as a trainer and mentor for new team members. The above service will be provided in a professional and timely manner.
Work closely with Employee Benefits business partners and leaders to:
- Provide account management support for client teams to coordinate client work.
- Collaborate with client team to set the benefit strategy for clients. This includes an evaluation of the client’s current benefits, and assisting with recommendations to the client.
- Maintain positive working relationships and clear communication with co-workers, clients and insurance carriers.
- Establish and manage timelines that clearly identify all tasks, task durations, and team resources responsible for completing the tasks and milestones needed to complete assigned projects.
- Draft Request for Proposals (RFPs) for review by appropriate sales or service team member, make requested edits to RFPs, distribute RFPs to insurance carrier market, ensure timely response by insurance carriers, summarize insurance carrier proposals for review.
- Coordinate sales and service teams with marketing of new and renewal business to include gathering needed information, submission to carriers, and preparation of proposal to client.
- Gather data for carrier negotiations of a renewal. May work with carrier independently or in conjunction with service team to resolve negotiations.
- Prepare and create materials for presentations, utilizing software packages such as Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Coordinate the implementation of new health and welfare benefit plans.
- Communicate daily with insurance companies, vendors and internal teams to ensure proper administration of accounts (including contract concerns, underwriting issues, claim situations, etc). Follows up on outstanding issues or client requests.
- Interact with client contacts independently, including traveling to client sites. May be responsible for presenting at open enrollment meetings or other client presentations.
- Schedule and assist with meeting facilitation; owns and updates agendas and project plans (including health fairs).
- Research and handle escalated client issues or questions.
- Maintain employee benefit product files, both electronically and in hard copy, as appropriate, for clients and in accordance with Holmes Murphy’s processes.
- Process applications, review and deliver policies, and perform policyholder service.
- Ensure account accuracy to include: reviewing coverages, renewals, applications, new business submissions, as well as, checking upon receipt; policies, endorsements, premiums, invoicing, and spd’s.
- Analyze client data and building a story to use for client recommendations.
- Assist with the training and on boarding of new team members. May develop a training plan and act as an on-going mentor for processes and procedures.
- Coordinate with Analysts to complete analysis per client and/or account lead request (dependent upon location).
- Coordinate meetings between client and vendor partners (dependent upon location).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Good knowledge of employee benefit coverages and the ability to apply that knowledge in the performance of the job duties.
- Ability to read, understand and analyze life and health coverages, forms and policies.
- Ability to maintain state-specific life/health insurance agent’s license or obtain within three months of hire.
- Good communication skills and the ability to apply these skills in either verbal or written form when interacting with various clients, carriers, company personnel, and team members.
- Ability to travel and meet with clients to provide information/materials or to assist with employee meetings, as necessary.
- Ability to operate a computer and working knowledge of various software packages such as, Agency Management System, Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of organizational methods and the ability to manage multiple tasks/duties simultaneously.
- Ability and willingness to consistently participate in internal and external educational opportunities to enhance knowledge of current insurance topics or relevant system improvements.
- Willingness to attend on-site vendor trainings and meetings.
- Ability to keep current on industry trends to include legislative compliance issues.
- Ability to be available for work on a daily basis and extended hours as necessary.
- Education: High school diploma required; Bachelor’s degree preferred. Active state-specific Life & Health Insurance agent’s license required or the ability to acquire license within three months of hire. Technical designations such as CEBS, CLU, etc. preferred. Human Resources certifications also preferred, such as PHR or SPHR.
- Experience: Minimum 3 years’ experience in employee benefits, human resources, insurance or related field.
- Responsible Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- 401k Profit Sharing
- Flexible/remote work arrangements
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.