Account Manager, EB
Holmes Murphy is one of the nation’s largest privately held insurance brokerages. It is our mission to promote health, protect wealth, and deliver peace of mind to our clients. We pride ourselves on being a place where employees love what they do, and who they do it with! In fact, we live by our purpose statement of “Caring for your unique potential is our SOUL purpose!”
Offering a forward-thinking, innovative, and vibrant company culture, along with the opportunity to share your unique potential, there really is no place like Holmes! We truly believe every employee within our company contributes their own unique talents for the greater good, and we thrive on knowing our environment supports and cares for everyone’s individual strengths.
We are looking to add an Account Manager to join our Employee Benefits team in Omaha, NE. Candidates thrive in our environment when they harness their collaborative mindset, strong interpersonal communication skills, and a love of learning.
- Provide account management support for Consultants and Senior Consultants to coordinate client work internally.
- Maintain positive working relationships and clear communication with co-workers, clients and insurance carriers.
- Adhere to established timelines that clearly identify all tasks, task durations, and team resources responsible for completing the tasks.
- Draft Request for Proposals (RFPs) for review by appropriate Consultant/Senior Consultant, make requested edits to RFPs, distribute RFPs to insurance carrier market, ensure timely response by insurance carriers, summarize insurance carrier proposals for review by appropriate Consultant/Senior Consultant.
- Assist sales and service teams with marketing of new and renewal business to include gathering needed information, submission to carriers, and preparation of proposal to client.
- Assist sales and service teams with preparation/creation of materials for presentations, utilizing software packages such as Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Assist in implementation of new health and welfare benefit plans.
- With guidance and assistance from sales/service teams, communicate daily with insurance companies, vendors and internal teams to ensure proper administration of accounts (including contract concerns, underwriting issues, claim situations, etc). Follows up on outstanding issues or client requests.
- Schedule and assist with meeting facilitation; updates agendas and project plans (including health fairs).
- Assist with research on client issues or questions.
- Maintain employee benefit product files, both electronically and in hard copy, as appropriate, for clients and in accordance with Holmes Murphy’s processes.
- Process applications, review and deliver policies, and perform policyholder service.
- Ensure account accuracy to include: reviewing coverages, renewals, applications, new business submissions, as well as, checking upon receipt; policies, endorsements, premiums, invoicing, and spd’s.
- Coordinate with Analysts to complete analysis per client and/or account lead request (dependent upon location).
- Coordinate meetings between client and vendor partners (dependent upon location).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of employee benefit coverages and the ability to apply that knowledge in the performance of the job duties.
- Ability to read, understand and analyze life and health coverages, forms and policies.
- Ability to maintain state-specific life/health insurance agent’s license or obtain within three months of hire.
- Good communication skills and the ability to apply these skills in either verbal or written form when interacting with various clients, carriers, company personnel, and team members.
- Ability to travel and meet with clients to provide information/materials or to assist with employee meetings, as necessary.
- Ability to operate a computer and working knowledge of various software packages such as, Agency Management System, Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of organizational methods and the ability to manage multiple tasks/duties simultaneously.
- Ability and willingness to consistently participate in internal and external educational opportunities to enhance knowledge of current insurance topics or relevant system improvements.
- Willingness to attend on-site vendor trainings and meetings.
- Ability to keep current on industry trends to include legislative compliance issues.
- Ability to be available for work on a daily basis and extended hours as necessary.
- Ability to assist in other work-related duties, as necessary.
- High School diploma required; college degree preferred.
- Active state-specific Life/Health Insurance agent license, or the ability to obtain within three months of hire.
- Previous work experience in an office environment required; insurance background preferred.
Benefits: In addition to core benefits like health, dental and vision, also enjoy benefits such as:
- Paid Parental Leave and supportive New Parent Benefits — We know being a working parent is hard, and we want to support our employees in this journey!
- Company paid continuing Education & Tuition Reimbursement — We support those who want to develop and grow.
- 401k Profit Sharing — Each year, Holmes Murphy makes a lump sum contribution to every full-time employee’s 401k. This means, even if you’re not in a position to set money aside for the future at any point in time, Holmes Murphy will do it on your behalf! We are forward-thinking and want to be sure your future is cared for.
- Generous time off practices in addition to paid holidays — Yes, we actually encourage employees to use their time off, and they do. After all, you can’t be at your best for our clients if you’re not at your best for yourself first.
- Supportive of community efforts with paid Volunteer time off and employee matching gifts to charities that are important to you — Through our Holmes Murphy Foundation, we offer several vehicles where you can make an impact and care for those around you.
- DE&I programs — Holmes Murphy is committed to celebrating every employee’s unique diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) experience with us. Not only do we offer all employees a paid Diversity Day time off option, but we also have a Chief Diversity Officer on hand, as well as a DE&I project team, committee, and interest group. You will have the opportunity to take part in those if you wish!
- Consistent merit increase and promotion opportunities — Annually, employees are reviewed for merit increases and promotion opportunities because we believe growth is important — not only with your financial wellbeing, but also your career wellbeing.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity — Yes, there is an annual opportunity to make more money. Who doesn’t love that?!
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.