Account Manager, Avant
Do you excel at providing top-notch client service? Have you ever worked for a company whose motto is “Work hard, play hard, and love who you do it with”; who’s passionate about challenging you to think differently; and who cares about YOU the employee?
This describes Holmes Murphy to a “T” as well as one of our latest job openings! We are looking for candidates that would be the perfect fit to join our team as an Account Manager for Avant Specialty Benefits in our Kansas City, MO office. If this sounds like your dream job, keep reading!
- Provide account management support for Avant’s internal team (Consultants, Benefits Coordinators and any other applicable role) to coordinate client work internally
- Maintain positive working relationships and clear communication with co-workers, clients and carriers
- Adhere to established timelines that clearly identify all tasks, task durations, and team resources responsible for completing the tasks
- Assist with drafting Request for Proposals (RFPs)
- Assist sales and service teams with marketing of new and renewal business to include gathering needed information, submission to team members, and assistance with preparation of proposal to client
- Assist sales and service teams with preparation/creation of materials for presentations, utilizing software packages such as Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Make all necessary changes for existing client groups, including job changes, new hires.
- Communicate client changes to the appropriate person, whether it is client HR or client employees.
concerns, underwriting issues, other situations).
- Follow up on outstanding issues or client requests.
- Schedule and assist with meeting facilitation; updates agendas and project plans.
- Assist with research on client issues or questions.
- Initiate enrollment schedules, review and deliver case setup, and perform case service.
- Ensure account accuracy
- Coordinate with Analysts to complete analysis per client and/or account lead request
- Coordinate meetings between client and vendor partners including travel arrangements and appointments
- Maintain files, both electronically and in hard copy, as appropriate, for clients and in accordance with Holmes Murphy’s processes
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Good knowledge of employee benefit coverages and the ability to apply that knowledge in the performance of the job duties
- Ability to read, understand and analyze life and health coverages, forms and policies
- Ability to maintain state-specific life/health insurance agent’s license or obtain within three months of hire
- Good communication skills and the ability to apply these skills in either verbal or written form when interacting with various clients, carriers, company personnel, and team members
- Ability to travel and meet with clients to provide information/materials or to assist with employee meetings, as necessary
- Ability to operate a computer and working knowledge of various software packages such as, Agency Management System, Word and Excel
- Knowledge of organizational methods and the ability to manage multiple tasks/duties simultaneously
- Ability and willingness to consistently participate in internal and external educational opportunities to enhance knowledge of current insurance topics or relevant system improvements
- Willingness to attend on-site vendor trainings and meetings
- Ability to keep current on industry trends to include legislative compliance issues
- High School Diploma required; College degree, preferred
- Active state-specific Life/Health Insurance agent license, or the ability to obtain within three months of hire
- Some previous work experience or internship experience in an office environment, preferably in an insurance, employee benefits or provider organization.
If you’re ready for a new and exciting opportunity to work for an amazing company and you think you have what it takes to be an Account Manager for Avant, apply today!