Account Executive, PC
Holmes Murphy and CSDZ have joined forces to become one of the nation’s largest, privately owned insurance brokerages. Together, with nearly 1,000 employees, our firm serves a variety of business and industry leaders across the nation in the areas of Property Casualty, Employee Benefits, Captive Insurance and Risk Management. And now, we’re looking for outgoing, persuasive, enthusiastic sales-oriented people to join our Minneapolis, MN, office. This new business production role would primarily be targeting industries other than construction and is an outstanding opportunity to be part of Holmes Murphy’s unique culture.
Speaking of culture, our motto is “Work hard, play hard, and love who you do it with”; we’re passionate about challenging you to think differently; and we care about ALL of our employees! Sounds pretty great, right? Take a stroll through our website www.holmesmurphy.com. We’re confident you’ll like what you see, and we’d love to have you apply to be on our team!
With these Sales opportunities, you’d be responsible for a number of items, including:
- Developing and implementing sales strategies, which result in achieving (or exceeding) new sales goals.
- Actively generating new sales leads through community activities, association meetings, and qualified sales calls.
- Partnering with appropriate internal team members and/or experts on exposure, risk, and appropriate coverages for initial and ongoing prospect sales meetings and proposals.
- Collaborating with client experience team to manage existing book of business.
- Maintaining relationships with clients and their business needs, addressing changes as needed, and delivering their annual review documents.
- Attending all sales-related activities, promoting a game-changing, positive attitude in support of all agency changes and/or growth.
- Promoting the agency and the insurance industry in the community.
You’d also need to be equipped with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to do the job, including, but not limited to:
- Possess sales skills and utilize a sales process that will meet goals.
- Knowledge and ability for ongoing learning of a variety of industry exposures and risk.
- Capable of exercising discretion, in confidential matters, and using independent judgement.
- Ability to communicate well with persons at all levels of authority in writing or verbally.
- Ability and comfortable with public speaking engagements.
- Ability to learn and utilize advance technology, such as Salesforce, associated with job functions.
- Ability to learn our proprietary sales and service platform, Understanding ART.
- Ability to provide own transportation and ability to travel up to 50%.
- High School Diploma; college degree preferred.
- Experience working in Commercial Insurance industry, either at carrier or agency.
- Active state specific Property Casualty Insurance agent license or ability to acquire a license within three months.
If you’re ready for a new and exciting opportunity to work for an amazing company and you think you have what it takes to be an Account Executive for Holmes Murphy, apply today!