Account Executive, EB
Do you excel at developing new business and sales? Are you passionate about assuring quality service to your customers? Would you like to join a company with a flexible environment, a competitive benefits and salary package, and where celebrating successes is just part of the everyday culture? We have to admit, who wouldn’t want that?!
At Holmes Murphy, our employees play to their strengths and contribute to who we are and want to be. We like to think of ourselves as pretty irresistible. If that intrigues you and you think you have what it takes to join our team as an Account Executive within our Employee Benefits division in our Minneapolis, MN office, read on!
Here’s just a bit of what you’d do:
- Develop and implement sales strategies, which result in achieving (or exceeding) new sales volume and profitability objectives.
- Actively generate new sales leads through community activities, association meetings and qualified sales calls. Obtain expiration dates and other personal or company historical information to pre-qualify prospects.
- Integrate all departments with accounts for the purpose of assuring long-lasting customer relationships and exceeding customer expectations.
- Provide accurate and complete information on potential accounts and renewal accounts to the assigned account manager for the purpose of developing a complete insurance program presentation.
- Help market these accounts, present proposals to prospects and clients, close sale, deliver policies.
- Handles complex processing and claim situations with client and/or company personnel.
- Responsible for collection of all premiums, including audits made subsequent to policy issuance, on all new accounts produced. (If Agency billed)
- Maintains production reports and attends sales meetings as required.
- Promotes the agency and the insurance industry in the community.
- Participates in company and agency sales goals.
- Keeps informed of industry developments through a review of the trade press and by attending company-training meetings on new or revised products.
- Support the development of the Account Managers, Client Service Consultants, and sr. Client Consultants.
- Additional duties that may be requested by the Sr. Vice President – EB or division leader.
You’d also need to be equipped with the knowledge, skills and abilities to do the job, including, but not limited to, having:
- Capable of exercising discretion, in confidential matters, and using independent judgement.
- Ability to communicate well with persons at all levels of authority in writing or verbally.
- Ability to work with detail, follow directions and maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to learn and utilize advance technology associated with job functions.
- Ability to learn standard underwriting procedures.
- Ability to learn how to effectively use a personal computer utilizing various software packages.
- Ability to read, understand and analyze coverages, forms and policies.
- Ability to provide own transportation and ability to travel.
And, let’s not forget the qualifications for the job:
- Sales experience, preferably in a life/health, employee benefits or provider organization, is required.
- A high school diploma is required, and a college degree is preferred.
- Actives state specific Life & Health insurance license, or ability to obtain within three months of hire, is required.
- Professional designations such as CEBS or CLU are helpful. Human Resource certifications are also preferred, such as PHR or SPHR.
- The ability to travel to client’s location in coordination with sales/service team members is a must.
- The ability to work regular core hours Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:45 p.m. is required.
Finally, ask yourself this, “Am I a difference maker?” If you answered yes and you think you have what it takes to be an Account Executive, apply today!