2023 Summer Intern
Are you looking to gain valuable professional experience in a vibrant environment? If so, look no further than our Summer Internship Program!
We are seeking candidates for our 2023 Summer Internship program. We have a variety of Client Service Intern and Sales Intern opportunities in both our Brokerage Services and PLUS lines of business. If you are unsure of what role you would be interested in, check the duties below for each role and determine which would be the best fit for you!
No need to worry if you’re unsure about insurance, our program is designed to provide a comprehensive learning experience that will allow you to explore the ever-changing industry.
Program components include:
TEAMWORK – Interns will rotate through each Line of Business for 2-3 weeks throughout the summer. A typical intern experience is a mix of day-to-day responsibilities and projects/potential client visits.
INTERN U – Intern University is a presentation series held each week to teach interns about our different departments and subsidiaries, and the role they play within the company. This also includes professional skill development, including presentation skills and meeting etiquette.
VOLUNTEERING – Holmes Murphy strives to Give.Fully, and we expect the same from our interns! We like to get out of the office at least one or two times each summer and give back to our local communities.
ESSENTIAL SKILL DEVELOPMENT – As an organization, we believe that development is constant. We will use our weekly sessions to enhance your business etiquette and formal public speaking and presentation skills.
Client Service Intern Duties:
- Provide support to Account Managers and Consultants to coordinate client work internally.
- Assist Account Managers in drafting Request for Proposals (RFPs)
- Assist sales and service teams with marketing of new and renewal business to include gathering needed information.
- Assist sales and service teams with preparation/creation of materials for presentations.
- Attend client meetings.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Sales Intern Duties:
- Support Client Executives in contributing to company profitability.
- Make cold calls to gather information on prospective/current clients.
- Build prospect lists to assist in generating new sales leads.
- Attend sales meetings.
- Attend community activities and association meetings to promote Holmes Murphy.
- Prepare and deliver Sales Presentations to leaders and mentors.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A curious and competitive spirit.
- An innovative mindset.
- Ability to be detail-oriented and organized.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work well with a team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Current undergraduate student pursuing a degree in Business Administration, Finance, Sales, Entrepreneurship, Marketing, Health Promotion, Risk Management & Insurance, or a related field.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Prior work experience is a plus, preferably in a customer service or administrative role.
If you’re ready for a new and exciting opportunity to work for an amazing company and you think you have what it takes to be a Client Service Intern or a Sales Intern for Holmes Murphy, apply today!