2023 IT Intern
Are you looking to gain valuable professional experience in a vibrant environment? If so, look no further than our Summer Internship Program!
We are seeking candidates for our 2023 Summer Internship program. We have an IT Internship opportunity at our headquarters office in Waukee, IA.
Don’t worry if you don’t know anything about insurance, our program is designed to provide a comprehensive learning experience that will allow you to explore the ever-changing industry. Program components include:
TEAMWORK – Each intern is assigned a department and team to support throughout the summer. A typical intern workload is a mix of day-to-day responsibilities and projects.
INTERN U – Intern University is a presentation series held each week to teach interns about our different departments and subsidiaries, and the role they play within the company.
GROUP PROJECTS – Interns are put on a team of 4-6 and are challenged with a real business need. As a group, they work over the course of the program to find a solution and present their proposal to Holmes Murphy leadership at the end of the summer.
VOLUNTEERING – Holmes Murphy strives to “Leave Good Footprints” and we expect the same from our interns! We like to get out of the office at least one or two times a summer and give back to the community.
IT Intern Duties:
- Receive initial tech support telephone calls or email messages.
- Troubleshoot and manage relatively simple hardware, software, or network problems.
- Create, escalate and route all support desk tickets to IT Personnel.
- Provide exceptional customer service via face-to-face, telephone, and electronic communication.
- Document customer solutions.
- Document IT department processes.
- Assist with supporting IT applications.
- Transitioning current code into another format.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A curious and competitive spirit.
- An innovative and entrepreneurial mindset.
- Ability to be detail-oriented and organized.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work well with a team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.)
- Current undergraduate student pursuing a degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a related field.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Prior work experience is a plus, preferably in a customer service role or office environment.
If you’re ready for a new and exciting opportunity to work for an amazing company and you think you have what it takes to be an IT Intern for Holmes Murphy, apply today!