2022 Sales Internship – Cedar Rapids
Are you looking to gain valuable professional experience in a fast-paced environment? If so, look no further than our Summer Internship Program!
We are seeking candidates for our 2022 Summer Internship program. We have Sales Intern opportunities in both our Property Casualty and Employee Benefits lines of business. If you are unsure of what role you’d be interested in, check the duties below for each role and determine which would be the best fit for you! We have Internship opportunities in our Cedar Rapids, IA office!
Don’t worry if you don’t know anything about insurance, our program is designed to provide a comprehensive learning experience that will allow you to explore the ever-changing industry. Program components include:
TEAMWORK – Each intern is assigned a department and team to support throughout the summer. A typical intern experience is a mix of day-to-day responsibilities and projects/potential client visits.
INTERN U – Intern University is a presentation series held each week to teach interns about our different departments and subsidiaries, and the role they play within the company. This includes; professional skill development, including presentation skills and meeting etiquette.
VOLUNTEERING – Holmes Murphy strives to “Leave Good Footprints”, and we expect the same from our interns! We like to get out of the office at least one or two times a summer and give back to our local communities.
ESSENTIAL SKILL DEVELOPMENT – As an organization, we believe that development is constant. We will use our weekly sessions to enhance your business etiquette and formal public presentation skills.
Sales Intern Duties:
- Support Account Executives in contributing to company profitability.
- Make cold calls to gather information on prospective/current clients.
- Build prospect lists to assist in generating new sales leads.
- Attend sales meetings.
- Attend community activities and association meetings to promote Holmes Murphy.
- Prepare and deliver Sales Presentations to leaders and mentors.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A curious and competitive spirit.
- An innovative mindset.
- Ability to be detail-oriented and organized.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work well with a team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Current undergraduate student pursuing a degree in Business Administration, Finance, Sales, Entrepreneurship, Marketing, Health Promotion, Risk Management & Insurance, or a related field.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Prior work experience is a plus, preferably in a customer service or administrative role.
If you’re ready for a new and exciting opportunity to work for an amazing company and you think you have what it takes to be a Client Service Intern or a Sales Intern for Holmes Murphy, apply today!