Financial Consultant, EB
Holmes Murphy is one of the nation’s largest privately held insurance brokerages. It is our mission to promote health, protect wealth, and deliver peace of mind to our clients. We pride ourselves on being a place where employees love what they do, and who they do it with! In fact, we live by our purpose statement of “Caring for your unique potential is our SOUL purpose!”
Offering a fast-paced work environment and vibrant company culture, there really is no place like Holmes! We are looking to add a Financial Consultant or Sr. Financial Consultant to join our Employee Benefits team in Dallas, TX. Ideal candidates will have an innovative mindset, strong interpersonal skills, and a love of learning. Exams are not required to be considered.
This role will assist the underwriting and analytics team with financial services in accordance with the established objectives and procedures of Holmes Murphy & Associates.
Financial Reporting and Consulting
- Produce client monthly financial reporting
- Present Financial, Utilization, and Clinical data to client
- Health and Benefits Underwriting modeling
- Client specific Health and Benefits budget projections
- IBNR reporting
- COBRA rates
- Provides timely, accurate, and appropriate responses to co-workers, clients and insurance carriers
- Takes initiative with respect to problem-solving opportunities
- Understands HIPAA, ERISA, PPACA and all other employee benefit related compliance regulations, particularly as it pertains to client financial and budget needs
- Understands plan designs, funding arrangements, benefit/demographic adjustments, stop-loss insurance, in and out of network savings arrangements
- Recommends basic strategic and tactical initiatives based upon clinical and financial data
- Performs additional duties upon request (e.g. Biometric, Incentive Files, File compiling)
- Employs Holmes Murphy & Associates policies and procedures to execute all job-related responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to understand and work with financial, accounting, math, and health care concepts
- Programming skills and strong use of VBA, Excel, PowerPoint
- Advanced level of data understanding and use
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, as well as ability to present information effectively in a client setting
- Ability to work with detail, follow directions and maintain a high level of accuracy
- Ability to listen, understand and address client needs and concerns in the processes
- Excellent project and time management skills
- Willingness to extend hours and/or solicits additional resources when necessary to ensure timely completion of tasks
- Education: College degree preferred in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Finance, or Analytics. Active state-specific Life/Health Insurance agent license preferred.
- Experience: 3-5 years’ experience, preferably in a life/health, employee benefits or provider organization.
Benefits: In addition to core benefits like health, dental and vision, also enjoy benefits such as:
- Paid Parental Leave and supportive New Parent Benefits — We know being a working parent is hard, and we want to support our employees in this journey!
- Company paid continuing Education & Tuition Reimbursement — We support those who want to develop and grow.
- 401k Profit Sharing — Each year, Holmes Murphy makes a lump sum contribution to every full-time employee’s 401k. This means, even if you’re not in a position to set money aside for the future at any point in time, Holmes Murphy will do it on your behalf! We are forward-thinking and want to be sure your future is cared for.
- Generous time off practices in addition to paid holidays — Yes, we actually encourage employees to use their time off, and they do. After all, you can’t be at your best for our clients if you’re not at your best for yourself first.
- Supportive of community efforts with paid Volunteer time off and employee matching gifts to charities that are important to you — Through our Holmes Murphy Foundation, we offer several vehicles where you can make an impact and care for those around you.
- DE&I programs — Holmes Murphy is committed to celebrating every employee’s unique diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) experience with us. Not only do we offer all employees a paid Diversity Day time off option, but we also have a Chief Diversity Officer on hand, as well as a DE&I project team, committee, and interest group. You will have the opportunity to take part in those if you wish!
- Consistent merit increase and promotion opportunities — Annually, employees are reviewed for merit increases and promotion opportunities because we believe growth is important — not only with your financial wellbeing, but also your career wellbeing.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity — Yes, there is an annual opportunity to make more money. Who doesn’t love that?!
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.