Holmes Murphy has always believed that investing in our employees, the spaces in which they work, and the environment that we provide are all critical to our culture, purpose, and the services we offer. After all, we know that employees who feel appreciated and recognized for their hard work and dedication results in employees who feel immensely invested in the success of our clients and our company. On top of this, our employees have a seat at the table and the opportunity to pave their own way. Cool, right?! If you nodded yes, check out our open Office Administrator position and apply!
We are looking to add an Office Administrator to join our Office Services team in Minneapolis. Candidates thrive in our environment when they harness their collaborative mindset, strong interpersonal communication skills, and a love of learning.
This role will support the Minneapolis office by providing professional customer service to clients and staff by answering, screening, and forwarding any incoming phone calls, greeting vendors, clients, and guests in the office while providing basic office information when needed.
Work closely with Leaders and Business Partners to:
- Greet office visitors, vendors and validate parking as needed.
- Process and route all incoming and outgoing (UPS and/or USPS) mail.
- Serve as the office point of contact for outside vendors and internal staff.
- Maintaining office credit card and coding in a timely manner
- Communicate and cooperate with all levels of employees and external contacts in a way that represents the company in a positive and professional manner.
- Organize and coordinate internal and external office events such as scheduling meetings, to include preparing program materials, directing room set-up/clean-up, ensuring proper equipment is available, etc.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft software packages such as, Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint. Effectively use the internet and intranet.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously such as meetings, coordinating events, maintaining projects, etc.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment to attain personal, team, and company goals.
- Ability to express oneself clearly and effectively in both oral and written form.
- Ability to be confident in decision making and problem solving.
- Education: High school diploma; college degree preferred.
- Experience: Minimum 3 years receptionist, administrative, customer service, or office experience, preferably in the insurance industry.
Benefits: In addition to core benefits like health, dental and vision, also enjoy benefits such as:
- Paid Parental Leave and supportive New Parent Benefits — We know being a working parent is hard, and we want to support our employees in this journey!
- Company paid continuing Education & Tuition Reimbursement — We support those who want to develop and grow.
- 401k Profit Sharing — Each year, Holmes Murphy makes a lump sum contribution to every full-time employee’s 401k. This means, even if you’re not in a position to set money aside for the future at any point in time, Holmes Murphy will do it on your behalf! We are forward-thinking and want to be sure your future is cared for.
- Generous time off practices in addition to paid holidays — Yes, we actually encourage employees to use their time off, and they do. After all, you can’t be at your best for our clients if you’re not at your best for yourself first.
- Supportive of community efforts with paid Volunteer time off and employee matching gifts to charities that are important to you — Through our Holmes Murphy Foundation, we offer several vehicles where you can make an impact and care for those around you.
- DE&I programs — Holmes Murphy is committed to celebrating every employee’s unique diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) experience with us. Not only do we offer all employees a paid Diversity Day time off option, but we also have a Chief Diversity Officer on hand, as well as a DE&I project team, committee, and interest group. You will have the opportunity to take part in those if you wish!
- Consistent merit increase and promotion opportunities — Annually, employees are reviewed for merit increases and promotion opportunities because we believe growth is important — not only with your financial wellbeing, but also your career wellbeing.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity — Yes, there is an annual opportunity to make more money. Who doesn’t love that?!
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.