Program Manager, ICS
Holmes Murphy is one of the nation’s largest privately held insurance brokerages. It is our mission to promote health, protect wealth, and deliver peace of mind to our clients. We pride ourselves on being a place where employees love what they do, and who they do it with! In fact, we live by our purpose statement of “Caring for your unique potential is our SOUL purpose!”
Offering a forward-thinking, innovative, and vibrant company culture, along with the opportunity to share your unique potential, there really is no place like Holmes! We truly believe every employee within our company contributes their own unique talents for the greater good, and we thrive on knowing our environment supports and cares for everyone’s individual strengths.
We are looking to add a Program Manager to join our Innovative Captive Strategies, Employee Benefits team in Waukee, IA. Candidates thrive in our environment when they harness their collaborative mindset, strong interpersonal communication skills, and a love of learning.
The purpose of this position is to coordinate and implement multiple workflow processes for ongoing operations of client captive insurance companies. This position requires excellent internal and external customer service skills and an attention to detail and timelines.
Here’s just a bit of what you’d do:
- Work with ICS Sales and production source to collect all necessary data.
- Direct contact with production sources (AE).
- Work with ICS Sales on Annual Member Meetings.
- Work with Captive Committees.
- Become familiar with captive insurance company loss reports.
- Prepare marketing information.
- Interface with the service representatives at agencies.
- Maintain client files.
- Compile and distribute board books for Annual Member Meetings with assistance from the EB Team.
- Maintain client/prospect-tracking system.
- Build relationship with clients, agency partners, stop loss carriers and other captive partners.
- Assist with new member onboarding to include facilitating calls/meetings, communication materials and applicable paperwork.
- Direct contact with agency partners and clients for day-to-day questions, issues, etc.
- Compile financial data, claim reports, etc. for clients and professional partners.
- Manage member renewals by initiating and tracking the renewal processes as well as compiling necessary information.
- Work with ICS Clinical team to gather and document self-funded best practices to recommend to clients and professional partners.
- Lead and facilitate committee meetings and calls to include call coordination, assisting with strategic development of meeting content and preparation of meeting materials.
- Develops and maintains positive work relationships with team members to include; participating in team meetings, providing back up when necessary, communicating information, and effectively problem solving as situations arise.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with support staff outside the sales team to ensure customer needs are met.
- Support ICS Structure and Culture.
You’d also need to be equipped with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to do the job, including, but not limited to:
- General knowledge of Captive/employee benefits/self-funded medical coverage and the ability to apply that knowledge in the performance of the job duties.
- Ability to read, understand and analyze Captive/employee benefits/self-funded medical coverage, forms, and policies.
- Ability to learn to develop insurance markets, to analyze simple to complex coverage requirements, to identify appropriate resources, and to resolve insurance issues.
- Ability to work effectively both independently as well as in a team environment to attain team and Agency goals.
- Knowledge of organizational methods and the ability to manage multiple tasks/duties simultaneously.
- Working knowledge of various software packages such as, WORD, EXCEL and POWERPOINT.
- Ability and willingness to consistently participate in internal and external educational opportunities to enhance knowledge of current insurance topics or relevant system improvements.
- Ability to keep current on industry trends and develop relationships with contacts within the industry.
And let’s not forget the qualifications for the position:
- Education: Acquire, and maintain, active life/health insurance agent’s license within 90 days of employment. College Degree preferred.
- Experience: Minimum five years providing customer service in an insurance company or agency environment.
Benefits: In addition to core benefits like health, dental and vision, also enjoy benefits such as:
- Paid Parental Leave and supportive New Parent Benefits — We know being a working parent is hard, and we want to support our employees in this journey!
- Company paid continuing Education & Tuition Reimbursement — We support those who want to develop and grow.
- 401k Profit Sharing — Each year, Holmes Murphy makes a lump sum contribution to every full-time employee’s 401k. This means, even if you’re not in a position to set money aside for the future at any point in time, Holmes Murphy will do it on your behalf! We are forward-thinking and want to be sure your future is cared for.
- Flexible work arrangements and schedules — We truly want to know what works for you as we look to support your unique and full potential.
- Generous time off practices in addition to paid holidays — Yes, we actually encourage employees to use their time off, and they do. After all, you can’t be at your best for our clients if you’re not at your best for yourself first.
- Supportive of community efforts with paid Volunteer time off and employee matching gifts to charities that are important to you — Through our Holmes Murphy Foundation, we offer several vehicles where you can make an impact and care for those around you.
- DE&I programs — Holmes Murphy is committed to celebrating every employee’s unique diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) experience with us. Not only do we offer all employees a paid Diversity Day time off option, but we also have a Chief Diversity Officer on hand, as well as a DE&I project team, committee, and interest group. You will have the opportunity to take part in those if you wish!
- Consistent merit increase and promotion opportunities — Annually, employees are reviewed for merit increases and promotion opportunities because we believe growth is important — not only with your financial wellbeing, but also your career wellbeing.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity — Yes, there is an annual opportunity to make more money. Who doesn’t love that?!
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.