AVP, Client Service EB
Holmes Murphy is one of the nation’s largest privately held insurance brokerages. It is our mission to promote health, protect wealth, and deliver peace of mind to our clients. We pride ourselves on being a place where employees love what they do, and who they do it with! In fact, we live by our purpose statement of “Caring for your unique potential is our SOUL purpose!”
Offering a forward-thinking, innovative, and vibrant company culture, along with the opportunity to share your unique potential, there really is no place like Holmes! We truly believe every employee within our company contributes their own unique talents for the greater good, and we thrive on knowing our environment supports and cares for everyone’s individual strengths.
We are looking to add a AVP, Client Service to join our Employee Benefits team in Omaha. Candidates thrive in our environment when they harness their collaborative mindset, strong interpersonal communication skills, and a love of learning.
The purpose of this position is to contribute to profitability, value, and growth of revenue in new and existing business and assuring quality service delivery to clients in accordance with the established objectives and procedures of Holmes Murphy & Associates, Inc. In addition, provide technical expertise, and develop/strengthen client relationships, as well as, to provide effective customer service in a professional and timely manner. Assists sales team in marketing group employee benefit insurance programs as needed, and suggests additional coverages and limits, which reduce the client’s exposure in according with established Agency and Sales Team goals and objectives. In addition, the AVP, Client Service should demonstrate strong leadership skills to the rest of the team, including mentoring inside staff.
Client Service Duties
- Manage all aspects of a prospect/client account including assisting with building, maintaining and growing overall relationship with new and existing clients at the executive level; communicate more complex client strategies to partners.
- Develop and manage the scope of services for each client, which includes overall healthcare strategy and a financial budget. Work with sales/service teams to determine specific scope of services and responsibilities.
- Initiate opportunities to round accounts, to include presenting information to client with or without assistance from the sales team. Review insurance in place and assess future needs of client, develop/implement growth strategies for each client, which results in increased revenue of existing client base as well as Company revenue.
- Oversee the overall new and renewal client strategy, ensuring team members complete assigned project within established timeframes.
- Draft and deliver client presentations and communications, specific for each client’s employee population.
- Oversee the financial budget for each client; work with internal sales/service teams manage profitability.
- Integrate Company expertise staff (actuarial, clinical, communications, reporting) into client accounts for the purpose of assuring long-lasting client relationships and exceeding client expectations.
- Maintain visibility with clients, fostering lasting relationships developed through professional and technical expertise, as well as, understanding client’s business needs.
- Promote a positive image of the Company and the insurance industry in the community.
- Participate in industry conferences, business groups and community activities.
- Develop strong working relationships with insurance carrier/vendor contacts and identify opportunities to form strategic partnerships to enhance product and service delivery to clients and grow revenue; manage escalated vendor issues and negotiate, when necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent knowledge of employee benefit coverages and the ability to apply that knowledge in the performance of the job duties.
- Capable of exercising discretion in confidential matter and using independent judgment.
- Excellent understanding of effective sales and customer service methods and the ability to apply this knowledge relative from the broker perspective.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to apply these skills in either verbal or written form when interacting with various clients, company personnel, and team members.
- Ability to negotiate with carriers on costs, program design, etc.
- Ability to read, understand and analyze health coverages and ancillary lines, forms and policies.
- Ability to maintain state-specific life/health insurance agent’s license.
- Ability to develop and foster effective relationships with clients, prospects, underwriters, as well as sales and service members.
- Ability to travel and meet with clients to provide presentations on proposals as well as to conduct employee meetings, as necessary.
- Knowledge of organizational methods and the ability to manage multiple tasks/duties simultaneously.
- Ability to perform simple to complex mathematical calculations.
- Ability and willingness to continue industry related education.
- Ability to keep current on industry trends to include legislative compliance issues.
- Ability to be available for work on a daily basis and extended hours as necessary.
- Ability to assist in other work-related duties, as necessary.
- Ability to work effectively both independently as well as in a team environment to attain team and Agency goals.
- Education: College degree, preferred. Active, state-specific Life/Health Insurance agent license. Technical designations such as CEBS, CLU, etc. preferred.
- Experience: Minimum seven years’ strategic experience in life/health, employee benefits or provider organization.
Benefits: In addition to core benefits like health, dental and vision, also enjoy benefits such as:
- Paid Parental Leave and supportive New Parent Benefits — We know being a working parent is hard, and we want to support our employees in this journey!
- Company paid continuing Education & Tuition Reimbursement — We support those who want to develop and grow.
- 401k Profit Sharing — Each year, Holmes Murphy makes a lump sum contribution to every full-time employee’s 401k. This means, even if you’re not in a position to set money aside for the future at any point in time, Holmes Murphy will do it on your behalf! We are forward-thinking and want to be sure your future is cared for.
- Flexible work arrangements and schedules — We truly want to know what works for you as we look to support your unique and full potential.
- Generous time off practices in addition to paid holidays — Yes, we actually encourage employees to use their time off, and they do. After all, you can’t be at your best for our clients if you’re not at your best for yourself first.
- Supportive of community efforts with paid Volunteer time off and employee matching gifts to charities that are important to you — Through our Holmes Murphy Foundation, we offer several vehicles where you can make an impact and care for those around you.
- DE&I programs — Holmes Murphy is committed to celebrating every employee’s unique diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) experience with us. Not only do we offer all employees a paid Diversity Day time off option, but we also have a Chief Diversity Officer on hand, as well as a DE&I project team, committee, and interest group. You will have the opportunity to take part in those if you wish!
- Consistent merit increases and promotion opportunities — Annually, employees are reviewed for merit increases and promotion opportunities because we believe growth is important — not only with your financial wellbeing, but also your career wellbeing.
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.