Liability Claims Specialist II, CRS
Holmes Murphy is one of the nation’s largest privately held insurance brokerage companies. It is our mission to promote health, protect wealth, and deliver peace of mind to our clients. We pride ourselves on being a place where employees love what they do, and who they do it with!
Offering a fast-paced work environment and vibrant company culture, there really is no place like Holmes! We are looking to add a Liability Claims Specialist II to join our Creative Risk Solutions team in Waukee, IA Ideal candidates will have an innovative mindset, strong interpersonal skills, and a love of learning.
This roles main responsibility will be to provide high quality claims handling and expertise for all CRS customers. This includes investigating, communicating, evaluating, and resolving auto and general liability claims utilizing the CRS Best Practice of Claim Handling.
- Confirm coverage for commercial auto and commercial general liability claims.
- Adjudication of claims. Investigate bodily injury/liability claims and negotiate settlements when applicable, utilizing our “Best Practices for Claims.” Enter and maintain accurate loss information on a computer system during the claim process.
- Set and maintain accurate reserves within reserve authority. Negotiate and process interim and final settlements, within settlement authority.
- Research information for responding to questions and complaints posed by our insured’s, claimants, agency partners and fronting carriers.
- Participate in claim reviews and attending Risk Control Workshops when requested by agency partners or insured’s. These could be in person or by phone.
- Maintain open and ongoing communication with our customers as noted in the “CRS Communication Expectations’ guidelines.
- Identify and pursue subrogation when applicable. Identify and report fraud when applicable.
- Monitor and control claims in litigation, utilizing our “Litigation Management” guidelines. Ensure suits are answered timely by counsel and the best interests of our insured’s and fronting carriers are protected.
- Help train and mentor Claims Specialist I position. Take part in company committees to help the management team develop new standards when warranted.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of both general and auto liability coverages and the ability to apply that knowledge in the performance of job duties.
- Skillful knowledge of the claims processing procedures and ability to utilize this procedure.
- Capable of exercising discretion in confidential matters and use independent judgment.
- Ability to type and use a personal computer utilizing various software packages including but not limited to Riskmaster and other related software packages.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to apply these skills in either verbal or written form when interacting with various insured’s, agency advocates, fronting carriers and other outside customers.
- Ability to work effectively both independently as well as in a team environment to attain CRS goals.
- Ability to perform simple to complex mathematical calculations.
- Knowledge of organizational methods and the ability to manage multiple tasks/duties simultaneously.
- Ability to work daily and extended hours as necessary.
- Extensive knowledge or ability to learn multiple state insurance regulations. Ability to pass state licensing exams as needed.
- High School education with some college preferred. Technical designations encouraged, such as AIC and CPCU.
- 3 to 4 years of adjusting property and casualty claims. Prior agency involvement preferred.
- Responsible Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- 401k Profit Sharing
- Flexible/remote work arrangements
Holmes Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.