The Importance of Insurance Carrier Relationships
It’s often said insurance is a relationship-driven business, and that’s true not only with our clients but also our insurance carrier partners.
As an independent insurance agency, we have partnerships with multiple carriers. Without having a good relationship with those carriers, it’s unlikely you will find success and ways to “win” together. Being able to work with different insurance carriers allows us to find the best fit for our clients regarding coverages, capabilities, and price.
One example of this kind of partnership is when COVID-19 hit in early 2020, our insurance carrier partners stepped up and:
- Suspended cancellations
- Deployed resources to help you navigate through the new challenges brought on by COVID
- Allowed mid-term payroll adjustments
- Offered pay-as-you go terms for workers’ compensation
- Contributed to local charities
Response Beyond the Disaster
On top of this and outside of disaster-type situations, claims issues, and pandemics, our carriers are always looking for ways to help you, such as investing in technology by:
- Updating client portals to make policy and claim information easier to access and make online payments
- Advancements in safety technology at the workplace ranging from new devices to detect fires to prevent work injuries
- Virtual loss control
- Online safety training and educational materials
We share a mutual goal with these insurance carriers — provide insurance protection for our clients to protect their livelihood, employees, and property.
Holmes Murphy recognizes the importance of building relationships with our carrier partners as this builds trust which leads to smoother transactions, quicker turn around, and ability to negotiate the best coverages and price for you!
We hope you see this in action, as we work to provide the greatest results for you. And, always remember, if you ever have any questions or need help, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
Published on: 02.25.21